[Bodynits][Full-Time Position] Technical Designer
By Bodynits Group
Technical designers are essentially the engineers of the Sportswear manufacturing. A mediator between customers and the development staff, assisting the design team, and assisting the patternmaker with technical patterns.
The Technical Designer will provide direction and guidance to a team of technicians and assistants to ensure accurate execution of requested measurements, quality, construction, and overall fit of merchandise.
- Work with the PD/designer in order to ensure all of the notions and details are correct.
- To create clear and simple CWS
- Provide heat transfer, embroidery & print placement
- Provide technical drawings to explain the construction of garment/product
- Facilitate (Not Complicate) the Garment Development Process
- Good understanding of Manufacturing process
- Able to audit digital and traditional patterns
- Able to figure out the best possible way to realize a design
- Making sure that size specs are achievable
- Recognizing and solving advanced fit problems
- Compile information on all garment components including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim into fit comment document
- Accurately measure garments to identify any fit issues
- Execute fit comments in a timely manner to ensure fit process stays in line with production and action timelines
- Provide call-outs and critiques during the fittings to verify that all issues are identified
- Issue grading guidelines to drafter/grader after fit approval to ensure quality is kept consistent for the entirety of the production phase
- Approve samples to proceed to the production phase after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
- Discuss with Production Coordinators/PD any issues, corrections, and/or recommendations to garments
- Writing and Prioritizing Evaluation Report Comments
- Demonstrate garment details on computerized flat sketches.
- Accomplish any other miscellaneous task as requested by immediate supervisor
Job Specifications/Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Textiles/Clothing or related discipline
- Knowledge in garment construction, pattern making, fit and manufacturing process in knit & woven apparels
- Must possess a keen eye to identify fit issues and recommend solutions
- Must have a strong understanding of garment construction and fabric types
- Knows how to work fabrics, textiles, colors, style details, size specifications
- Detail-oriented, ability to work under pressure and team oriented
- Hands-on experience in conducting fit session
- Ability to fit develop pattern/fit garment independently
- Know grading rules
- Ensure that the quality of design is in line with respective brand’s quality standards.
- Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop & Excel and pattern-making software
- Ability to create and modify artwork/graphics
- Must have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to handle fast pace environment and change
- Internal – to maintain close relationship with Product Developers, Product Technicians, Grader & Product Technicians, Marker.
- Focus on the Quality (Not Quantity).
- Enable sample development processes and timeline.