[ESTA Pte Ltd][Full-Time Position/Place and Train] Design & Apparel Product Developer
Design & Apparel Product Developer
By ESTA Pte. Ltd.
Selected candidates with or without experience will undergo the Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) Place-and-Train - where you will be paid a salary while undergoing WSQ training.
Find out more about the PCP at https://www.taftc.org/programmes/place-and-train-digital-marketing-programme/.
About ESTA Pte. Ltd.:
ESTA has grown from a two-person startup to a leading corporate wear company in 20 years, with offices in Singapore and China.
The key to success is our unique combination of design flair, corporate branding expertise and logistical know-how. Here at ESTA, we offer a one-stop solution for your uniform design, production, delivery and inventory needs.
Founded by acclaimed local designer, Esther Tay, our uniforms are designed with much emphasis on quality and flair. Through rigorous testing and fabric development, ESTA firmly believes in using high quality fabrics that provide comfort and style, while withstanding the rigors of daily wear.
Find out more at: https://www.esta.com.sg/
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I am part of the Place-and-Train programme where I get to undergo company-sponsored training at TaF.tc.
As a talented Creative Designer with conceptual abilities, a creative flair and detailed knowledge of design processes, my role involves the following roles and responsibilities:
- Involves designing and planning, as well as developing and presenting the product to the specific client
- Able to conceptualise client design brief into drawings and prototype development
- Conduct research and market survey
- Ability to translate from illustration into prototype
- Able to work closely with the Technical Specialist throughout the product development process
- The Product Developer role also includes deciding what material is suitable for the selected product, and be able to meet the technical requirement and construction for bulk production
- Able to provide detailed specs, tech pack, and manual
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure fabric and trims meet our requirement and on-time
- Manage approval process of all strike offs, Lap Dips, trims and test reports
- Review Lap Dips, fabric quality, specs and prototype for each style before production
- Responsible for creating and developing new products or improving existing products to meet client needs effectively
- Able to support Sales & Marketing Department, and is a good team player
- Must possess a positive attitude and be able to integrate smoothly into the existing product development team
- Ensure that all developments are cost effective to meet client’s budget
- Responsible for any changes made to the illustrations or prototype
- Creating accurate and detailed specification, while meeting critical deadlines
Who should join?
- 2-3 years experience in Product Development role
- Good understanding of garment construction is an advantage
- Able to communicate with all vendors for fabrics and trims requirement
- Must be creative, resourceful and have initiative
- Adaptable, self- motivated, proactive and organised
- Independent and willing to learn
- Able to find new ways of doing things
- Adept in Adobe Photoshop, illustrator.
- High sense of responsibility
- Singaporeans and PRs only
- Selected candidates will have to attend WSQ courses as part of the Professional Conversion Programme Place-and-Train, and will have to serve a Minimum Service Period upon completion of the courses.