[Bodynits][Full-Time Position] Designer
By Bodynits Group
Assist the Chief Designer in partnering with production, fabric development and sourcing of necessary material.
- Effectively create relevant, innovative design concepts within the Sportswear Design Team and communicate and present these in a concise and professional manner through a line review process.
- Collaborate with Textile Design, Graphic Design and Color to ensure product specific elements are created specific to your category and designs.
- Provide product information through detailed drawings and complete briefs to Pattern Makers and SD/CD so that prototypes and BOM’s can be created.
- Must also be able to build Mood/ Concept boards.
- Must also be able to design trend reports and show clear diagnostics of global trends in any Sportswear category.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, color, fabrics, trims, technology, and other sports related products through travel, research, and product usage experience.
- Actively participate in design off-sites, inspiration trips or other design related extra curricular activities.
- Participation in testing of products and fabrics in the field.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilising various transportation methods.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
- Prepare and maintain tech packs from initial development through bulk.
- Submit and approve artwork, print strike-offs, wash panels, lab dips, etc.
- Product development and materials research and sourcing
- Communicate with factories
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colours, or style for each garment or accessories
Job Specifications/Minimum Qualifications
- BA in Fashion/Sportswear Design required.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator with working knowledge of Photoshop, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles required.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to gather appropriate input and make clear, well-reasoned decisions.
- Aesthetically keen eye for high end design
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- To support Chief designer through all stages of product lifecycle, from concept to manufacturing.
- Liaising closely with the Product Developer and Garment Technologist on each style development.
- Ensuring the design vision is being achieved and can be implemented in bulk production.
- Attend fit meetings with the teams on development samples.
- Create detailed CAD's and design specifications and make revisions when necessary throughout development.