[Bodynits][Full-Time Position] Pattern Maker
By Bodynits Group
Constructs sample patterns with upmost accurate size spec according to assigned brands/accounts & projects
- Construct CAD pattern to ensure measurements conform to size specifications.
- Amend CAD pattern from development to bulk production and handle differing opinions with tact
- Provide heat transfer, embroidery & print placement from development to bulk.
- Ensure all CAD patterns are updated
- To account for shrinkage allowance for bulk production when necessary
- Ensure pattern construction are sewable and producible
- Develop pattern bases or blocks for new fabrics, confirming proper fit through testing
- Create development patterns based on approved garment designs from buyer.
- Determine points of measure needed to finalize spec measurements Deliver patterns promptly to enable sample production
- Product Collaborate with design and production team to determine optimal construction methods for new styles
- Process patterns for photo samples and custom samples as needed Accurately grade patterns to maintain fit standards across all sizes in spec
Job Specifications/Minimum Qualifications
- GCE ‘O’ Levels or equivalent, technical diploma from recognised institutions
- Computer literacy, knowledge and hands on exposure using Gerber Accumark (V8.5 preferred)
- Sound garment construction knowledge in knit & woven apparels
- Responsibility is to design a pattern that can be sewn perfectly, with all pieces matching (perfectly) as well as perfectly matched fabric motif placement, exact embellishment placement, and horizontal and vertical stripes.
- Pattern must be designed or modify to make the most efficient use of everyone’s time. And can be sewn correctly by people who do not speak English.
- Responsibility to produce a pattern that can be sewn error free and completed in shortest time.
- Upgrade quality production sewing methods as well as increasing the aggregate knowledge, enabling production to increase the range and type of products they are able to produce.